In simple terms, digital marketing can be defined as the advertisings and promotions carried out through the internet. Digital marketing is in fact, an umbrella term comprising of several other divisions such as content marketing, email marketing, Pay Per Click (PPC), Pay Per View (PPV), Online Reputation Management, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Mobile Marketing etc to name a few. The increasing popularity of internet is enabling several newer forms of marketing arenas in the digital space. In the year 2017, India ranked No. 1 in the list of nations worldwide in terms of mobile data usage. All the businesses are intending to go digital because of its various advantages. The growing rate of internet users has made it clear that digital marketing is reckoned to be the future of marketing.
Role of Experts in a Digital Marketing Agency
The digital space has been transforming exponentially in the last ten years, yielding several forms of digital gadgets. The innovative apps being released frequently have influenced the way people live as well as affected the manner in which businesses were conducted. As a result, marketers today have to modify their functioning methods in order to incorporate these changes. Thus, the essential functions of any present digital marketing agency are advertisings, marketing and promoting ad campaigns on digital and web platforms. Some of the primary roles of experts in digital marketing agency are as follows:
- Develop digital marketing campaigns
- Track social media strategy
- Optimize webpages to list in SERPs.
- Write Contents to engage users on Social Media.
- Tracking and Analysis of web traffic.
- Manage social media contents and posts.
How to become a Digital Marketing Expert
Due to the increasing competition, digital marketing agencies are in constant need of professionals to dominate the market. Hence there is a big demand for digital marketing experts. However, one must be strong expertise and must acquire certain skills in order to be the best from the rest. Some of the most important things required to be a digital marketing expert are listed below.
- Outline your Functions: The first thing to start with, even before searching for clients, is to describe the areas of your expertise. Explain what you can deliver. In order to do so, ask yourself in which area you would like to work on for long time? Is it SEO and traffic generation? Is it lead generation? Is it social media branding? Is it paid marketing? Or is it app marketing?
- Start your Website: Once you are certain over the area you want to work in, start building contacts. A good way to do it is to start a website to provide information about your digital marketing services. This will not only serve as a central point for your business, but also allows potential clients to know about your services and contact you. Further, sharing your success stories and client testimonials will increase your service value.
- Venture into Blog Writing: This is the utmost and profound action that can intensify your chances of success. Start Blogging and publishing articles related to your consulting services, SEO tips, explain current trends in the market etc. This will reinforce your online identity and develop a persuasive value proposition for you professionally. Ensure that your blog is SEO friendly and focus on promoting your blog.
- Build Professional Contacts: Take every chance to spread awareness about your services and to interact with others. Larger the network means more number of clients at your doorsteps. Reach out to all your previous corporate connections like former managers, ex-colleagues, professors and other prospects. Seek recommendations.
- Have a Strong Presence on Social Media: The number of social media users is rocketing every day. By 2021, it is estimated that there will be 3.2 billion active social media users. Social media is an easy way to stay connected with your existing, as well as your potential clients. Hence, stay active on social media. Extend support to friends and your community. Keep a track of latest occurrences. Analyse user behaviour and gain valuable insights. Don’t hesitate to promote your services. Compare what your competitors are doing there. Overall, make your presence felt.
- Become an Influencer: Utilize social media not only to stay connected with your clients, but also to influence them. Start giving reviews, recommendations and feedbacks regarding the latest releases in your area of interest. This helps you to gain the trust of your stakeholders in a very massive way. It also benefits in increasing your search rankings and to generating leads of high quality.
- Be open to learning: Regardless of how much you know, remember that there is still more to learn, especially in the age of digitization. With newer analytics being developed every day, mastering SERPs and the art of SEO is a continuous process. The same applies to the tactic of increasing user engagement and followers on social media. The Analytics comprehension skill must be regularly updated.
- Develop an Offline Presence too: This is highly beneficial to socialize and develop contacts. Take part in Marketing and Tech events in your city. Interact with people out there and build professional contacts in real time. This will also enable you to understand the type of business they are into, the type of events they keep attending, and the challenges they address in the discussions.
To Sum it Up
To succeed as a digital marketing expert, one must be alert 24/7. The work will tend to continue beyond office hours. One must be highly active on social media and must be aware of the latest trends and happenings in the industry. To be a digital marketer means to be in constant interaction with the stakeholders. Thus, one must highly focus on developing communication skills as well as the art of persuasion. These are very essential to convince the clients and get the contract. In order to succeed on the long run, it is very important to recognize your core skills and work upon them since the beginning. Thus, to become a digital marketing expert means to devote all your energy on developing your skills every moment.